Re: plpython question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sim Zacks
Subject Re: plpython question
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks for the link.
I had already looked at that page, and it gives basically no help at
all. I think the problem is how Pgadmin handles new lines or something
like that. because I can't get any 2 line program to work.

I also tried the code in PSQL and it worked when I indented manually
(hitting the spacebar 5 times). I tried that in PGAdmin and it also
failed.

Also in PSql it only worked with non-named parameters. So my list was
(int,int,int) and I referred to them as args[0-2]

It looks like plpython support hasn't hit the mainstream yet.

Thank You
Sim Zacks
IT Manager
CompuLab
04-829-0145 - Office
04-832-5251 - Fax

Me again ;-)

I do not have a running postgresql with scripting support so i googled
for some ideas ;-)

The first syntax error must arrive while parsing the argument list,
is'nt it. Postgres means Syntax error at "int". The problem is, that you
can not use the function as you do in python. The argument list contains
only the data types: here ( int, int, int ). The arguments are given by
args[0], args[1] and so on. Furthermore the "code" of your function has
to be encapsulates in '...' . So you can not use '...' to encapsulate
strings.

For more Information take a look at:

http://www.signal42.com/pgsql/plpython.html#PLPYTHON-FUNCS