Re: enabling nestedloop and disabling hashjon - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David G Johnston
Subject Re: enabling nestedloop and disabling hashjon
Date
Re: enabling nestedloop and disabling hashjon  (Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@BlueTreble.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Jim Nasby-5 wrote
> On 2/10/15 9:29 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Ravi Kiran <

> ravi.kolanpaka@

> > writes:
>>> yes sir, I did try the pg_ctl reload command, but its still using the
>>> hash
>>> join algorithm and not the nested loop algorithm. I even restarted the
>>> server, even then its still using the hash join algorithm
>>
>> Does "show enable_hashjoin" say it's off?  If not, I think you must've
>> fat-fingered the postgresql.conf change somehow.
>
> For future reference, posts like this belong on pgsql-performance.

> but postgres is still using the hash join algorithm even after modifying
> the postgresql code

To be fair given the original post, and some other recent posts by the same
author, the question is not "why is my query performing slowly" but rather
"I'm trying to change how PostgreSQL works and cannot figure out how to
properly enable and disable algorithms".  -hackers seems like the proper
forum though the OP could give more context as to his overarching goals to
make that more clear to readers.

David J.