Re: enabling nestedloop and disabling hashjon - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: enabling nestedloop and disabling hashjon
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2/12/15 3:20 PM, David G Johnston wrote:

>> >For future reference, posts like this belong on pgsql-performance.
>
>> >but postgres is still using the hash join algorithm even after modifying
>> >the postgresql code
> To be fair given the original post, and some other recent posts by the same
> author, the question is not "why is my query performing slowly" but rather
> "I'm trying to change how PostgreSQL works and cannot figure out how to
> properly enable and disable algorithms".  -hackers seems like the proper
> forum though the OP could give more context as to his overarching goals to
> make that more clear to readers.

-hackers is for discussion directly related to developing Postgres
itself. This email was request for help, and nothing to do with actual
development.

I'm not trying to dismiss the importance of the request; it is
important. But the proper forum for it was -general or -performance.