Re: Move pg_largeobject to a different tablespace *without* turning on system_table_mods. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Move pg_largeobject to a different tablespace *without* turning on system_table_mods.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreas@visena.com> writes:
> På onsdag 19. oktober 2016 kl. 18:29:31, skrev Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us
>  I think an open question is why you would not want to move the other
>  system tables at the same time you move pg_largeobject.

> Are you saying that if I move all system-tables to the tablespace I moved
> pg_largeobject to it'll work? If so, is there a convenient way to move all
> system-tables to a tablespace?

Not sure about moving them after the fact, but you could create the
database with its default tablespace being the one you want pg_largeobject
in.

I think though that there's a fairly clear counterexample to Bruce's
question: if you're worried about moving pg_largeobject at all, you
probably are trying to put it on a relatively large and slow storage
device.  You don't necessarily want all the system catalogs there.