Re: How can I replace the year of the created_at column with the current year dynamically ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Arup Rakshit
Subject Re: How can I replace the year of the created_at column with the current year dynamically ?
Date
List pgsql-general

Here is my try :

staging::=> select  to_char(created_at,'DD/MM') || '/' || to_char(now(),'YYYY') as when from users;
    when
------------
 24/02/2014
 28/02/2014
 02/03/2014
 01/03/2014
 04/03/2014
 02/03/2014
 06/03/2014
 07/05/2014
 02/06/2014
 06/06/2014
 20/02/2014
 20/02/2014
 20/02/2014
 20/06/2014
 20/02/2014
(15 rows)

Can the same be done using any other clever trick ?
What is the data at your disposal when trying to select the current year? If it is a timestamp, simply use date_part:
=# select date_part('year', now());
 date_part

-----------
      2014

(1 row)
--
Michael

It is *datetime*. Now my users are created at different date...

say -

user1   24/02/1997
user2  28/02/2011
user3  02/03/2001
user4  01/03/2003

But I have some requirment, where date/month part will be as it is... but as per the current year, I will replace the actual year with the current year, while I will be displaying it. To meet this need, I am currently doing as

  select  to_char(created_at,'DD/MM') || '/' || to_char(now(),'YYYY') as when from users;