Alternative to Multi-Master Replication with 2 Data centers?? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From ethode
Subject Alternative to Multi-Master Replication with 2 Data centers??
Date
Re: Alternative to Multi-Master Replication with 2 Data centers??  (Paul Jungwirth <pj@illuminatedcomputing.com>)
List pgsql-general
We are load balancing 2 data centers.

Our current approach was using a software layer in our CMS to send data
between data centers, but write/update frequency made this approach
difficult and bug laden.

Currently we're considering several options, of which Multi-master
replication appears to be the top option.

BOTH data centers need to be writable, otherwise we could use Master/Slave.
If DC1 goes down our LB is failing over to DC2.  The failure causing
failover could be DB related OR be web server related.

It doesn't appear to be realistic to keep both DC's updated on inserts
and/or updates without using Multi-master or some other 3rd party software
that appear to do the same thing as Multi-master.

Any other solutions I should be considering