Re: New repmgr packages - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Subject Re: New repmgr packages
Date
Re: New repmgr packages
Re: New repmgr packages
List pgsql-pkg-yum
Hi,

On Thu, 2014-03-20 at 17:30 -0300, Martín Marqués wrote:

> I was working on repmgr-2.0 packages to update some systems (but with
> CFLAGS we need) and just saw that there's a new 2.0 repmgr package
> (thumbs up for that).

Yeah, I built them while working on new releases :)

> I did find a few things which I corrected differently from the way it
> was on the .src.rpm, basically I removed the makefile patch and set
> the PATHs accordingly in the spec file.

Err, IIRC, we *should not* export PATH in the spec file, per packaging
guidelines. That is why I add patches to each RPM.

> Another thing missing is the PGDG tag in Release.

We add PGDG only to PostgreSQL itself. The rest does not belong to PGDG,
so...

> I also saw some dependencies which were there before, but aren't
> anymore (rsync for example, and also openssh (which was mistakenly
> openssl before))

Ah.. Good catch. Created #164 for this:
http://wiki.pgrpms.org/ticket/164

> I'm sending a patch for repmgr.spec with what I'm pointing out here.
>
> I also changed a few things to make it look more like the
> postgresql-X.Y.spec files.

Do you mean these?

-%global pgmajorversion 91
-%global pginstdir /usr/pgsql-9.1
+%global pgmajorversion 9.1
+%define pgpackageversion 91
+%global pginstdir /usr/pgsql-%{pgmajorversion}

If so, our version is exactly the same as in the other packages. We
don't have pgpackageversion parameter anywhere. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Regards,

--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ