Re: bulk insert unique contraint - Mailing list pgsql-general

From salah jubeh
Subject Re: bulk insert unique contraint
Date
List pgsql-general
>>Hello Janek,

>>>which inserts many rows it doesn't do anything if one row violates the unique contraint.
>>You insert your data in a transactional way, this is the default behaviour .

>>To work around it,  do not insert data like

>>INSERT INTO <TABLE> VALUES (),()...;

>>but
>>INSERT INTO <TABLE> VALUES ();
>>INSERT INTO <TABLE> VALUES ();
>>Also make sure each statment runs in a separate transaction.

>>> Is there a faster way than using multiple insert statements?
>>have alook on
>>COPY

>>Regards

>My files don't have this format. Could it make sense to create such a file with php and import the data from it?
>Or ist also possible the get certain rows from the file with regexp?

Sorry for not forwarding my reply earlier to the mailing list.

An easier option would be as suggested by another mail thread - andy colson -. Also here another option:

1. Disable the unique constraint 'ALTER ABLE .. DROP  CONSTRAINT'
2. Remove duplicates , have a look here http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Deleting_duplicates
3. Enable the unique constraint.

Regards

My files don't have this format. Could it make sense to create such a file with php and import the data from it?
Or ist also possible the get certain rows from the file with regexp?

Janek