Re: postgres for disconnected environment - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: postgres for disconnected environment
Date
List pgsql-general
On 12/30/2013 7:37 AM, Joey Quinn wrote:
> Most of the installations I have seen reach out to the Internet during
> the process. How hard is it to build a Postgres installation in a
> completely isolated environment? I have an internal network with not
> Internet connectivity that I would like to set up Postgres on.

what operating system?  if its a RPM based linux like RHEL, CentOS,
Fedora, just download the RPMs and install them from a local location
(nfs mount, or even a usb stick).   Pretty sure you can do the same with
the deb files for a debian/ubuntu system