Re: Problems with the new Majordomo 2. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gene Sokolov
Subject Re: Problems with the new Majordomo 2.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
From: "The Hermit Hacker" <scrappy@hub.org>
> On Tue, 16 May 2000, Tom Lane wrote:
> > The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> > > PRS ... PostReleaseSyndrome ... ppl are rebuilding up their energy,
> > > watching for bugs while waiting for development to start up again.
> >
> > If he's only getting one or two messages a day, then something's surely
> > broken!  According to my maillog there were 92 messages on the pghackers
> > list yesterday, and another 20+ on interfaces.
> >
> > However, I'm inclined to think that the breakage is on his end, since
> > no one else is complaining ...
>
> Regardless of which end is at fault, I am looking at this from our end
> anyway ... I'm wondering if maybe there was a connection problem to his
> system and the mail system itself just bounced it ...

Thanks for helping me. Unfortunately your subscription reset did not help.
The traffic is still the same. I don't believe the problem is on my end
becuase the traffic I get from the freebsd-stable as well as a couple of
other lists is usual. I also get a large traffic from customers, which is
not affected in any way. Just the two postgres lists are affected.
   I vaguely remember getting a couple of test messages from one of the pg
lists about ten days ago and I think the volume dropped right after that.
   We did have a connectivity outage some time ago when both our primary
and seconday MXs were unavailable, but it did not last longer than a couple
of hours. If Majordomo unsubscribed me, I wonder why I still get any traffic
from pg and why the subscription reset did not help.

Gene Sokolov.