Re: Problems with the new Majordomo 2. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Vince Vielhaber
Subject Re: Problems with the new Majordomo 2.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 17 May 2000, Gene Sokolov wrote:

> From: "The Hermit Hacker" <scrappy@hub.org>
> > >
> > > If he's only getting one or two messages a day, then something's surely
> > > broken!  According to my maillog there were 92 messages on the pghackers
> > > list yesterday, and another 20+ on interfaces.
> > >
> > > However, I'm inclined to think that the breakage is on his end, since
> > > no one else is complaining ...
> >
> > Regardless of which end is at fault, I am looking at this from our end
> > anyway ... I'm wondering if maybe there was a connection problem to his
> > system and the mail system itself just bounced it ...
>
> Thanks for helping me. Unfortunately your subscription reset did not help.
> The traffic is still the same. I don't believe the problem is on my end
> becuase the traffic I get from the freebsd-stable as well as a couple of
> other lists is usual. I also get a large traffic from customers, which is
> not affected in any way. Just the two postgres lists are affected.
>
>     I vaguely remember getting a couple of test messages from one of the pg
> lists about ten days ago and I think the volume dropped right after that.
>
>     We did have a connectivity outage some time ago when both our primary
> and seconday MXs were unavailable, but it did not last longer than a couple
> of hours. If Majordomo unsubscribed me, I wonder why I still get any traffic
> from pg and why the subscription reset did not help.

Are you running any kind of filtering software?  Procmail or perhaps
something built into OE?  Maybe there's a header that you're keying off
of that's dumping the mail to the trash.  Around the time of the test
messages was the mail2news gateway stuff, I don't know if there were any
more headers put in tho. (haven't paid attention)

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev@michvhf.com    http://www.pop4.net128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from
$16.00/moat Pop4 Networking       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop
Superstore   http://www.cloudninegifts.com