Re: BUG #3951: SELECT ... WHERE Param = ? does not work if Param is of type bytea - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #3951: SELECT ... WHERE Param = ? does not work if Param is of type bytea
Date
List pgsql-bugs
"Vincent D'Haene" <vincent_dhaene@hotmail.com> writes:
> My problem is that it seems that in postgresql you can't use a parameter bound to BYTEA data in the WHERE clause of
theSQL statement.

The above claim is nonsense.

> So in my case: "SELECT x FROM T WHERE BinData = ?" does not work (return code -1) if the parameter bound to the ? is
oftype BYTEA.

I'm guessing that you've got an ODBC problem.  That could be a bug in
your code, or less likely a bug in the ODBC driver you're using.
Since you haven't specified which driver or which version of the driver
you're using, nor provided a test case to run, it's difficult for anyone
else to investigate it.

            regards, tom lane