Re: Initdb error without much more details PostgreSQL 7.4.19 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Initdb error without much more details PostgreSQL 7.4.19
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Laurent Barbier <barbierlaurent@hotmail.fr> writes:
> I'm facing a trouble with the initdb execution of PostgreSQL 7.4.19 on a Redhat 4 :

Looks like SELinux problems to me.  Does it work after doing "setenforce 0"?

> Then i install PostgreSQL binary in the order :
> rpm -ivh  postgresql-libs-7.4.19-1PGDG.rhel4.i686.rpm
> rpm -ivh postgresql-7.4.19-1PGDG.rhel4.i686.rpm

You might try Red Hat's RPMs instead --- they contain fixes for some
selinux issues, which AFAICT never got propagated into the PGDG RPMs.
Also, make sure you are up to date with the latest selinux policy
RPM.  Or you could just leave selinux turned off, but that might not
be a great idea from a security standpoint.

            regards, tom lane