Re: Initdb error without much more details PostgreSQL 7.4.19 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Laurent Barbier
Subject Re: Initdb error without much more details PostgreSQL 7.4.19
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Thanks a lot Tom,

It works without the security enhanced functionality ! So, I didn't try the=
 Red Hat's RPMs.

Best regards,

--
Laurent

> To: barbierlaurent@hotmail.fr
> CC: pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
> Subject: Re: [BUGS] Initdb error without much more details PostgreSQL 7.4=
.19=20
> Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 11:49:04 -0500
> From: tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us
>=20
> Laurent Barbier  writes:
>> I'm facing a trouble with the initdb execution of PostgreSQL 7.4.19 on a=
 Redhat 4 :
>=20
> Looks like SELinux problems to me.  Does it work after doing "setenforce =
0"?
>=20
>> Then i install PostgreSQL binary in the order :
>> rpm -ivh  postgresql-libs-7.4.19-1PGDG.rhel4.i686.rpm
>> rpm -ivh postgresql-7.4.19-1PGDG.rhel4.i686.rpm
>=20
> You might try Red Hat's RPMs instead --- they contain fixes for some
> selinux issues, which AFAICT never got propagated into the PGDG RPMs.
> Also, make sure you are up to date with the latest selinux policy
> RPM.  Or you could just leave selinux turned off, but that might not
> be a great idea from a security standpoint.
>=20
>             regards, tom lane
>=20
>        match

Votre contact a choisi Hotmail, l'e-mail nouvelle g=E9n=E9ration. Cr=E9ez u=
n compte.=20
http://www.windowslive.fr/hotmail/default.asp