Re: pg_proc without oid? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_proc without oid?
Date
Re: pg_proc without oid?  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
Re: pg_proc without oid?  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
> Am Montag, 19. Februar 2007 16:50 schrieb Tom Lane:
>> In the second place, if you don't want to predetermine OIDs for your
>> functions then they shouldn't be in hardwired pg_proc.h rows at all.

> Where else would you put them?

SQL script maybe, much along the lines Greg was just mentioning.
(I'd been thinking myself earlier that pg_amop/amproc/etc would be a
whole lot easier to maintain if we could feed CREATE OPERATOR CLASS
commands to the bootstrap process.)  But getting there will take
nontrivial work; you can't just decide to leave out a few OIDs on the
spur of the moment.

Magnus, I'd suggest reverting whatever you did to your MSVC script,
so we'll find out the next time someone makes this mistake...