Re: pg_proc without oid? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: pg_proc without oid?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 11:18:36AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Am Montag, 19. Februar 2007 16:50 schrieb Tom Lane:
> >> In the second place, if you don't want to predetermine OIDs for your
> >> functions then they shouldn't be in hardwired pg_proc.h rows at all.
>
> > Where else would you put them?
>
> SQL script maybe, much along the lines Greg was just mentioning.
> (I'd been thinking myself earlier that pg_amop/amproc/etc would be a
> whole lot easier to maintain if we could feed CREATE OPERATOR CLASS
> commands to the bootstrap process.)  But getting there will take
> nontrivial work; you can't just decide to leave out a few OIDs on the
> spur of the moment.
>
> Magnus, I'd suggest reverting whatever you did to your MSVC script,
> so we'll find out the next time someone makes this mistake...

Ok. Will do once the entires in pg_proc are changed, so that I can still
build.

BTW, another problem with the stuff that's in there now - pg_proc.h
contains description entries for the functions, but that never goes in
to pg_description, since there is no oid to bind it to...

//Magnus