Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Make a cut at a major-features list for 9.2. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Make a cut at a major-features list for 9.2.
Date
Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Make a cut at a major-features list for 9.2.  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
> On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 11:58 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Make a cut at a major-features list for 9.2.
>>
>> This is open to debate of course, but it's past time we had *something*
>> here.

> We have cascading replication as a major feature, which I agree it is.
> But I think we should add the (closely related) base backups from
> slave to the list as well - I've had more people say they're really
> going to use that one than the cascading replication. Perhaps add them
> both on the same bullet point?

Sure, reword it however you want.  I've not been paying much attention
to replication stuff, so I don't really know what's important there.