Open Source Projects using PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Michael Banck
Subject Open Source Projects using PostgreSQL
Date
Re: Open Source Projects using PostgreSQL  (Greg Smith <greg@2ndQuadrant.com>)
List pgsql-advocacy
Hi,

I was gathering some material for a PostgreSQL advocacy talk, and
wondered whether there was a list of Open Source projects using
PostgreSQL, preferably by default or exclusively.

I couldn't find much on the website besides

http://www.postgresql.org/download/products/7

where most projects except for Bacula (besides, License = commercial?)
and Bricolage did not ring a bell and the "Open Source Projects" section
on

http://www.postgresql.org/about/users

However, that one is not very focused either and it is not exactly clear
whether those projects use Postgres in-house (like e.g. Debian with
their package archive software), or base their products/projects on it
(gforge).

I could not find any other lists, so I started one on the wiki for now
with the projects I have gathered so far:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/OpenSource_Projects_Using_PostgreSQL

If this is redundant or useless, I will just remove it again, otherwise,
please add to it.  I think it would be particularly valuable to have a
list of high-profile Open Source projects handy, which use PostgreSQL by
default or even exclusively.

Cheers,

Michael

--
Michael Banck
Tel.: +49 (0) 2161 / 4643-171

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
Hohenzollernstr. 133, 41061 Mönchengladbach
Geschäftsführung: Dr. Michael Meskes, Jörg Folz