Re: Poll: are people okay with function/operator table redesign? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Poll: are people okay with function/operator table redesign?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> One improvement (that I don't know is possible in docbook) would be to
> have the inter-logical-row line be slightly thicker than the
> intra-logical-row one.  That'd make each entry visually more obvious.

Yeah, I don't see any way to do that :-(.  We could suppress the row
lines entirely between the members of the logical group, but that'd
almost surely look worse.

(I tried to implement this to see, and couldn't get rowsep="0" in
a <spanspec> to render the way I expected, so there may be toolchain
bugs in the way of it anyway.)

We could leave an entirely empty row between logical groups, but
that would be really wasteful of vertical space.

Another possibility, which'd only help in HTML, would be to render
some of the cells with a slightly different background color.
That's beyond my docbook/css skills, but it might be possible.