Re: Poll: are people okay with function/operator table redesign? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Poll: are people okay with function/operator table redesign?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 13, 2020 at 2:47 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Another possibility, which'd only help in HTML, would be to render
> some of the cells with a slightly different background color.
> That's beyond my docbook/css skills, but it might be possible.

I think some visual distinction would be really helpful, if we can get it.

I just wonder if there's too much clutter here. Like, line 1:

date - interval → timestamp

OK, gotcha. Line 2:

Subtract an interval from a date

Well, is that really adding anything non-obvious?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company