Re: pg_upgrade issues - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: pg_upgrade issues
Date
Re: pg_upgrade issues  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-bugs
Excerpts from depstein's message of lun jul 26 08:05:24 -0400 2010:

> I just want to note that one reason regclass may be used in user tables (as opposed to, say, regtype) is that in
PL/pgSQLtrigger procedures there is a special variable TG_RELID, which provides a convenient reference to the table
thatpulled the trigger (this is the case for some of our uses).

I've wanted to use regclass (and regproc too, for that matter) in some
db designs, but I've refrained precisely because of the movability issues.

Note that you can use TG_SCHEMANAME and TG_RELNAME in plpgsql triggers
anyway.