Re: pg_upgrade issues - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: pg_upgrade issues
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Excerpts from depstein's message of lun jul 26 08:05:24 -0400 2010:
>
> > I just want to note that one reason regclass may be used in user tables (as opposed to, say, regtype) is that in
PL/pgSQLtrigger procedures there is a special variable TG_RELID, which provides a convenient reference to the table
thatpulled the trigger (this is the case for some of our uses).

> I've wanted to use regclass (and regproc too, for that matter) in some
> db designs, but I've refrained precisely because of the movability
> issues.

Were you worried about pg_upgrade movability issues, or just general
movability issues?