Re: Maximum Size for Large Object / TOASTed Object - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Maximum Size for Large Object / TOASTed Object
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Paul Ramsey <pramsey@refractions.net> writes:
> What is the maximum size a large object can be in PostgreSQL?
> What is the maximum size a TOASTed object can be in PostgreSQL?

TOASTed fields max out at 1Gb.  Large objects max out at either 2 or 4 Gb
... I'm not sure whether we consistently use signed or unsigned
arithmetic for them.  (Probably they *should* max out at 4Gb, and if you
find any places that fail over 2Gb, those are bugs for which patches
will be gladly accepted.)