Re: Proxy for postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martin Spinassi
Subject Re: Proxy for postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 2009-08-14 at 11:04 -0700, John R Pierce wrote:
> Martin Spinassi wrote:
> > I've been playing around with slony, and as far it didn't make me jump
> > of happiness, I think is my better option to use slony for that,
> > updating just the master, let slony do his job, but allowing the proxy
> > to read from all. Anyway, I'm open to suggestions.
> >

> them, yeah, something like pg_pool2 to handle the reads.

So, what you suggest is:

pg_pool2 ---|                        |----- Slony

Can't figure out if this is gonna work, configuring pg_pool2 to read
both, making slony replicate, and app directly to Master (or pg_pool2
can be configured to write just in one of both?).

Cheers

Martin