Proxy for postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martin Spinassi
Subject Proxy for postgres
Date
Re: Proxy for postgres  (Said Ramirez <sramirez@vonage.com>)
Re: Proxy for postgres  (John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hi list!

I'm searching for something to use as a proxy for different instances of
postgres.

I've found pl/proxy, but it seems to work with (correct me if i'm wrong)
functions, and some hard work would be needed in our applications in
order to make them use those functions replacing direct access, an I'm
trying to avoid this.

Another option is pgpool, but I see too much lock in tables at
transactional queries, and I'm pretty sure this will make my life a lot
harder.

So the question is, what can I use as a proxy queries to different
instances of postgres?

Cheers

Martin