AW: lztext and compression ratios... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Subject AW: lztext and compression ratios...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I went at it in a different way: pulled out pg_lzcompress into a
> standalone source program that could also call zlib.

If you want you could give minilzo a try.

LZO is a data compression library which is suitable for data de-/compression
in real-time.
LZO implements the fastest compression and decompression algorithms around.
See the ratings for lzop in the famous Archive Comparison Test .

LZO needs no memory for decompression, 64k or 8k for compression.

LZO and the LZO algorithms and implementations are distributed under the
terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL) { auf Deutsch }. Special
licenses for commercial and other applications are available by contacting
the author.

See http://wildsau.idv.uni-linz.ac.at/mfx/lzo.html

Andreas