Re: Locating sharedir in PostgreSQL on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mark Cave-Ayland
Subject Re: Locating sharedir in PostgreSQL on Windows
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> I'm not sure why Mark's having a problem accessing my_exec_path ---
> it *is* declared DLLIMPORT in miscadmin.h (which is where it counts,
> AIUI) clear back to 8.0.

Bah, I think that is the source of the problem. Having grepped the
source for my_exec_path, I found the reference in globals.c and hence
the code worked on Linux (my main development environment) with a simple
extern declaration which was what was confusing me. Adding the #include
"miscadmin.h" solves this problem and I can now access the variable on
Windows aswell, so I put this down to "user error" - thanks for the
advice Tom.

Many thanks,

Mark.

--