Re: Locating sharedir in PostgreSQL on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Locating sharedir in PostgreSQL on Windows
Date
Re: Locating sharedir in PostgreSQL on Windows  (Mark Cave-Ayland <mark.cave-ayland@ilande.co.uk>)
List pgsql-hackers
> Am Montag, 26. November 2007 schrieb Mark Cave-Ayland:
>> I'm working on a piece of code for PostGIS to allow the loading of
>> projection configuration files from the share/postgresql directory, but

> The share directory is the wrong place for configuration files anyway.  And
> moreover, non-PostgreSQL packages have no business putting files into
> PostgreSQL's private directories.

That doesn't seem logical to me.  We expect tsearch configuration files
to be put into $sharedir/tsearch_data, so why shouldn't PostGIS use a
similar approach to dealing with external configuration data?

I'm not sure why Mark's having a problem accessing my_exec_path ---
it *is* declared DLLIMPORT in miscadmin.h (which is where it counts,
AIUI) clear back to 8.0.