Re: [hibernate-team] PostgreSQLDialect - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: [hibernate-team] PostgreSQLDialect
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 2007-11-11 at 23:38 -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Moreover, Postgres is extensible, so ideally Hibernate should look at
> providing a way of querying a database server to get a list of supported
> function signatures.
>
> Not sure how you could handle user defined types automatically, though.
> Probably not.

The Hibernate Dialect is extensible, so it seems we can do it the other
way around. Generate a Hibernate dialect for a particular database
installation, then use it from Hibernate as if it was a static/manual
configuration.

--  Simon Riggs 2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com