Re: psql: add volatility to \df+ - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: psql: add volatility to \df+
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Wed, 2007-27-06 at 00:16 -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> +1 as well but I'm wondering whether the output is too wide.

Well, the output of \df+ is already likely to be wider than 72
characters, so I'm not sure the patch would really make the situation
materially worse ("\df+ nextval" is 118 characters wide without the
patch, for example). You could also argue that if the user specifies
"+", presumably they are less worried about a concise output format.

> Is it possible to find some shorter string to convey the same meaning?

Nothing obvious comes to mind, but I'm not opposed in principle. Any
suggestions?

-Neil