Re: log_autovacuum - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: log_autovacuum
Date
Re: log_autovacuum  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Re: log_autovacuum  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-patches
On Thu, 2007-03-08 at 14:53 -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>  Maybe something like this is better:
>
> LOG: index passes: 1  pages: removed 0, 197 remain  tuples: removed 7199, 2338 remain  CPU usage: whatever
> CONTEXT: Automatic vacuuming of table "database.public.w"

Yours is better.

I've implemented this:

LOG: autovac "public.w" index passes: 1  pages: removed 0, 197 remain
tuples: removed 7199, 2338 remain  CPU usage: whatever

I'm happy if this gets removed later, but I think it will help everybody
understand how multi-vacuums are working and what the best way to
specify the controls should be.

Not sure about the CONTEXT bit. I think its verbose, plus I thought that
was for ERRORs only. I will defer on this point, since I know y'all
understand that better than I.

--
  Simon Riggs

Attachment