Re: nodeRead: did not find '}' at end of plan node - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: nodeRead: did not find '}' at end of plan node
Date
List pgsql-general
tstump@regenstrief.org (Tim Stump) writes:
> I'm trying to drop a view from my postgres database and getting the
> following error:
> ERROR: nodeRead: did not find '}' at end of plan node

This suggests either that you have a corrupted entry in pg_rewrite,
or that the database is somehow version-incompatible with the backend
(ie, the backend is expecting a different parsetree-node layout than
what is in the database entry for the view).

Would you show us the output from

select * from pg_rewrite where ev_class = (select oid from pg_class
where relname = 'the-troublesome-view');

If you don't really care about determining the cause, you could just
manually DELETE the view's row from pg_class, and then you should be
able to dump.  But it would be interesting to figure out how you got
into this state.

            regards, tom lane