Re: pgwin32_open returning EINVAL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgwin32_open returning EINVAL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Trevor Talbot" <quension@gmail.com> writes:
> Without looking myself, is it possible for errhint() or errdetail() to
> do something that affects GetLastError()?

Hmm ... the macro framework is designed so that the arguments get
evaluated before anything very interesting happens, but it might be
better to use a variable anyway --- for onm thing we could get rid of
the redundant GetLastError calls in the test in front of this.

BTW, I concur with Martijn's comment to avoid constructing phrases from
spare parts; it creates a translation problem, and in this case you'd
only be saving a few bytes anyway.