Re: pgwin32_open returning EINVAL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: pgwin32_open returning EINVAL
Date
Re: pgwin32_open returning EINVAL  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 20, 2007 at 10:11:10AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Trevor Talbot" <quension@gmail.com> writes:
> > Without looking myself, is it possible for errhint() or errdetail() to
> > do something that affects GetLastError()?
>
> Hmm ... the macro framework is designed so that the arguments get
> evaluated before anything very interesting happens, but it might be
> better to use a variable anyway --- for onm thing we could get rid of
> the redundant GetLastError calls in the test in front of this.

I'd expect the compiler to optimize away those, but I'll make it a var
anyawy.

> BTW, I concur with Martijn's comment to avoid constructing phrases from
> spare parts; it creates a translation problem, and in this case you'd
> only be saving a few bytes anyway.

Ok. Are you saying whole sentence, or are you saying it's fine to just
break out the part that's after the colon into "sharing violation" and
"lock violation"? I assume the second?

//Magnus