Re: Updated backslash consistency patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Updated backslash consistency patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine@hi-media.com> writes:
> Le 15 janv. 09 à 17:16, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> a écrit :
>> I agree, this change mostly sucks, and particularly with respect to
>> \df.

> Maybe it does so much 'cause you're developing system functions.

No, I hardly ever use \df on a function I'm working on just at the
moment, because I know what it's supposed to be.  It's remembering
functions that I haven't used lately that is the issue.

> I've yet to try it but think it's a good feature. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Indeed...

> What about a new \dfU listing only non system objects ( User ones ) ?

\dfS together with \dfU would at least be a reasonably symmetric
extension.  I'm still of the opinion that neither is really a very
helpful thing to use in connection with a pattern.