Re: FWD: Re: Updated backslash consistency patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: FWD: Re: Updated backslash consistency patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> I disagree.  Most users, most of the time, do not want to see system
> objects.

I remain of the opinion that this opinion is wrong, and is based on
lack of experience with the committed patch.

You *think* you don't want to see system objects.  The first time that
you waste hours trying to figure out why your function doesn't work,
only to find that it conflicts with a system function that \df wasn't
showing you, you'll reconsider.

However, since it seems that people are willing to be vocal regardless
of how much time they've spent with CVS HEAD, maybe we had better wait
till we are a month or so into beta and then take up the discussion
again.