Re: Trigger regression test output - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Trigger regression test output
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org> writes:
> So the regression tests weren't really testing the actually built module, so
> to speak.  Is there a good reason to leave the NOTICE's in the expected
> regression output?

Yes: without them the test is less useful, because you're less certain
that what happened was what was supposed to happen.

> As to the way it's built, the regression tests are built in the RPMset to
> allow post-install (that is, post _RPM_ install) regression testing on
> machines without make or compilers.

Well, I'm about to commit a change that makes the default build of
contrib/spi have the correct NOTICE output, as of 7.3.  You could make
the 7.2 RPMset do likewise if you wish.

One thing that confuses me though is that the build options have been
like this for a long time (at least since 7.1).  Why haven't you seen
this problem before?  Did you recently change the way the RPMs build
contrib?