Re: Trigger regression test output - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: Trigger regression test output
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thursday 03 October 2002 12:46 pm, Tom Lane wrote:
> Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org> writes:
> > Builds fine here for RPM usage.  Got an odd diff in the triggers
> > regression test: did we drop a NOTICE?   If so, the regression output
> > should probably have been changed too. The diff:
> > *** ./expected/triggers.out     Sat Jan 15 14:18:23 2000
> > --- ./results/triggers.out      Thu Oct  3 00:16:09 2002
> > - NOTICE:  check_pkeys_fkey_cascade: 1 tuple(s) of fkeys2 are deleted

> After looking into this I have a theory about the cause: you must have
> built the contrib/spi/refint.c module without -DREFINT_VERBOSE.  That
> flag is required to pass the regression tests, because it controls
> output of this debug notice.  The normal build procedure for the
> regression tests does cause this to happen, but if you'd previously
> built the contrib subdirectory with default switches, I think the
> regress tests would use the existing refint.o and get a failure.

So the regression tests weren't really testing the actually built module, so
to speak.  Is there a good reason to leave the NOTICE's in the expected
regression output?

As to the way it's built, the regression tests are built in the RPMset to
allow post-install (that is, post _RPM_ install) regression testing on
machines without make or compilers.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio