Re: New and investigating - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Oliver Elphick
Subject Re: New and investigating
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Wed, 2003-01-29 at 22:30, Alain Gougeon wrote:
> Where do i obtain information on PostgreSQL that would allow me to have an
> acceptable level of trust in it??? (i mean, for example, for a governmental
> project, where you will run critical transactions, for a high number of
> users, not to store data, or process files in an environment isolated from
> an hungry crowd of users. Something where you really need to serve your
> users without downtime or congestion, or whatever...).

The .org domain is now being run by a PostgreSQL database; the bid was
won in competition with several Oracle-based solutions.  I haven't got
the URL any more, but I'm sure someone else can supply it.

There are a few case studies posted at
http://advocacy.postgresql.org/casestudies/

I believe, from comments posted in the past, that organisations have
been reluctant to admit to running PostgreSQL.  I can't follow the logic
of that (unless they want to avoid being targeted by Oracle salesmen).

     "My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not."
                            Proverbs 1:10