Re: New and investigating - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From
Subject Re: New and investigating
Date
List pgsql-novice
On 29 Jan 2003, Oliver Elphick wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-01-29 at 22:30, Alain Gougeon wrote:

> > Where do i obtain information on PostgreSQL that would allow me to have an
> > acceptable level of trust in it??? (i mean, for example, for a governmental
> > project, where you will run critical transactions, for a high number of
> > users, not to store data, or process files in an environment isolated from
> > an hungry crowd of users. Something where you really need to serve your
> > users without downtime or congestion, or whatever...).
>
> The .org domain is now being run by a PostgreSQL database; the bid was
> won in competition with several Oracle-based solutions.  I haven't got
> the URL any more, but I'm sure someone else can supply it.

Let Google be your friend.  If you go to news.google.com and
search for postgresql, you get 13 hits.  That's one of them.
(Or, I got 13 hits just now.)

Gord
--
Matter Realisations     http://www.materialisations.com/
Gordon Haverland, B.Sc. M.Eng. President