Re: New and investigating - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Alain Gougeon
Subject Re: New and investigating
Date
Re: New and investigating  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-novice
That's interesting.

I have a bunch of DBAs around me. In each project, some more to deal with
the DBs... I grew used to it and thought that was 'normal'.

And the price is high...

Now, i do work in high budget projects, and this is the kind of places where
nobody wants to put its butt at risk when the system goes live. In theory, a
DB like Oracle gives you that level of confidence. (even though we do run
into troubles more often than we'd want).

Where do i obtain information on PostgreSQL that would allow me to have an
acceptable level of trust in it??? (i mean, for example, for a governmental
project, where you will run critical transactions, for a high number of
users, not to store data, or process files in an environment isolated from
an hungry crowd of users. Something where you really need to serve your
users without downtime or congestion, or whatever...).

Alain Gougeon
La Paz, Bolivia.