Re: DB dump problems - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Ron Johnson
Subject Re: DB dump problems
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Wed, 2002-11-27 at 19:46, Gallamine wrote:
> Hello, newbie here (ha, imagine that). Anyways, I worked this summer
> rewriting my website to use PHP and PostreSQL. I was doing that away from my
> home. I didn't backup the DB and recently I've been wanting to start again
> using my Linux (RH 8) box here at home. So, I've been playing around with
> the pg_dump command trying to get it to work right. I make heavy use of the
> OIDs in my DB so I know I have to use the -o switch. However, when I take
> the dump from work and move it to my home and try to recreate my database (I
> did pg_dump -C -o > outputfile.txt) I get the following error:
>
> You are now connected to database gorobotics2.
> CREATE
> ": can't parse "ne 1, pg_atoi: error in "0
> lost synchronization with server, resetting connection
>
> There isn't anything in my dump that says "ne 1, pg_atoi ..." Also I try
> recreating the DB on the computer I got the dump from and it works fine.
>
> Does anyone know why I can't do this?

Can we presume that it's the same PG version on both boxen, and that the
same options were used when generating the PG binaries and at
installation on each box?

| Ron Johnson, Jr.     mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA   http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson  |
| "they love our milk and honey, but preach about another    |
|  way of living"                                            |
|    Merle Haggard, "The Fighting Side Of Me"                |