Re: Copy entire file as one field - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Ron Johnson
Subject Re: Copy entire file as one field
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Wed, 2002-11-27 at 18:40, Warren Massengill wrote:
> How can I copy several hundred small text files into a database, each file
> going into a field called 'message' and becomming one record (with or
> without other fields) using psql?

Don't know about psql, but you could use python or perl (heck, even C!)
to script it pretty easily.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.     mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA   http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson  |
| "they love our milk and honey, but preach about another    |
|  way of living"                                            |
|    Merle Haggard, "The Fighting Side Of Me"                |