Re: Debugging the backend? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oliver Elphick
Subject Re: Debugging the backend?
Date
Re: Debugging the backend?  ("Shridhar Daithankar" <shridhar_daithankar@persistent.co.in>)
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 2002-09-19 at 18:25, Dmitry Tkach wrote:
> I am trying to debug the backend process with gdb... So, I set CFLAGS to '-g', ran make and installed the
> executable.The problem is, when I am trying to attach to it with GDB, it seems to have no source file information
> at all! It is debugabble - I can print variables, see function names and parameters etc... But, whatever I do, it
just
> does not know anything about the source (not even filenames, and line numbers)!

In gdb you can specify a directory from which to load source files, if
necessary.  I find that if you cd to the directory where the excutable
was compiled before running it, this is not usually necessary.

The gdb command to add a directory to the search path is "path
/path/to/dir", and the specified directory is added at the front of the
search path.

Isle of Wight, UK
http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver
     "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that
      there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now
      herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open
      you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a
      blessing, that there shall not be room enough to
      receive it."           Malachi 3:10