Debugging the backend? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dmitry Tkach
Subject Debugging the backend?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi, everybody!

This may be a stupid question (and is most definitely a wrong list to post it), but I am just desperate,
and out of ideas...
If anyone has any clue at all what may be the problem, I would greatly appreciate your help!

I am trying to debug the backend process with gdb... So, I set CFLAGS to '-g', ran make and installed the
executable.The problem is, when I am trying to attach to it with GDB, it seems to have no source file information
at all! It is debugabble - I can print variables, see function names and parameters etc... But, whatever I do, it just
does not know anything about the source (not even filenames, and line numbers)!

Do you have any idea what may be wrong? Perhaps, it is some compiler flag I should have set?
Or, is it a gdb problem? Or am I just going crazy?

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks a lot!

Dima