Re: Debugging the backend? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: Debugging the backend?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 19 Sep 2002 at 19:45, Oliver Elphick wrote:
> In gdb you can specify a directory from which to load source files, if
> necessary.  I find that if you cd to the directory where the excutable
> was compiled before running it, this is not usually necessary.
>
> The gdb command to add a directory to the search path is "path
> /path/to/dir", and the specified directory is added at the front of the
> search path.

Well gdb commands 'dir' and 'path are two different things..

(gdb) help path
Add directory DIR(s) to beginning of search path for object files.
$cwd in the path means the current working directory.
This path is equivalent to the $PATH shell variable.  It is a list of
directories, separated by colons.  These directories are searched to find
fully linked executable files and separately compiled object files as needed.
(gdb) help dir
Add directory DIR to beginning of search path for source files.
Forget cached info on source file locations and line positions.
DIR can also be $cwd for the current working directory, or $cdir for the
directory in which the source file was compiled into object code.
With no argument, reset the search path to $cdir:$cwd, the default.
(gdb)

:-)

Bye
 Shridhar

--
Ryan's Law:    Make three correct guesses consecutively    and you will establish
yourself as an expert.