Re: PHP + PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Yury Bokhoncovich
Subject Re: PHP + PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 19 Sep 2002, Elielson Fontanezi wrote:

> Hi everybody!
>
>     I doing a research about Apache Web Server + PHP + PostgreSQL. If it is
> reliable or not. The pros and set backs about it.
>     From you what do you have to tell me about it?

If all you need is a little catalogue or poll system, MySQL is a winner,
Pg is a luser.:-)
In other cases it depends. Pg has a few very useful features such as
transactions, construction like "delete where from(select)" and soon
so for sophisticated project it's more suitable.

--
WBR, Yury Bokhoncovich, Senior System Administrator, NOC of F1 Group.
Phone: +7 (3832) 106228, ext.140, E-mail: byg@center-f1.ru.