Re: Thanks for all the help - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Andrew McMillan
Subject Re: Thanks for all the help
Date
List pgsql-php
On Wed, 2002-01-09 at 04:53, Chadwick Rolfs wrote:

> What do you know of Access being able to connect to Postgresql?  I haven't
> really looked into it, and would like to get some opinions from this list.
>   I think it would be great to use php/MSAccess/Postgresql to allow people
> to link their desktop databases to the web and put committed data into
> Postgres.  Does this sound at all possible.

We are using that mix here for one application.  We have an office full
of Windows users who will be using a front-end developed in MSAccess
with a PostgreSQL database running on a Linux server.

It's using ODBC to connect to the PostgreSQL database.  We then have all
sorts of PHP, Perl and SQL processes updating and querying that database
in the background on the Linux system.

Feel free to e-mail me off-list for more info.

Cheers,
                    Andrew.
Andrew @ Catalyst .Net.NZ Ltd, PO Box 11-053, Manners St, Wellington
WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/        PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
DDI: +64(4)916-7201    MOB: +64(21)635-694    OFFICE: +64(4)499-2267
       Are you enrolled at http://schoolreunions.co.nz/ yet?