Thanks for all the help - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Chadwick Rolfs
Subject Thanks for all the help
Date
Re: Thanks for all the help  (Andrew McMillan <andrew@catalyst.net.nz>)
List pgsql-php
Dear all on this list,

  I did a search on these lists and found my past posts to be very
unsatisfactory.  I aplologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
  I would like to thank all those who helped in response to my question in
the first place.  Your time and effort is invaluable.  I am now working in
a college where php and postgresql are the standard and find it to be very
rewarding.
  Has anyone used php-gtk with postgresql?  There was a demo here by one
of the other php/postgresql programmers (student employee), and he uses
dreamweaver to code.  Unfortunate, since he is tied to that program to be
able to do any work, and all his work is ftp'd local/remote constantly.
He felt the need to use JavaScript in order to get a little alert box to
pop up to inform users about errors.
  I find this client side type of stuff to be ridiculous, and have no need
for it.  Php can do checks and print to the page already open.  That said,
the conversation moved to using MSAccess as a front end to Postgresql.
What do you know of Access being able to connect to Postgresql?  I haven't
really looked into it, and would like to get some opinions from this list.
  I think it would be great to use php/MSAccess/Postgresql to allow people
to link their desktop databases to the web and put committed data into
Postgres.  Does this sound at all possible.

Regards,

Chadwick Rolfs - cmr@gis.net
Cleveland State University - Student
Music Major - The Holden Arboretum Volunteer
Computer Programmer - Student Employee
--*I finally found powdered water;
I just can't figure out what to add to it*--