Re: [HACKERS] Removal of plaintext password type references - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Removal of plaintext password type references
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 05/15/2017 07:03 AM, Noah Misch wrote:
> On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 10:08:30AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
>>>
>>> Ahah. I just had the same thought before reading this message.
>>
>> And attached is a patch to do that. I am all for this one to get a
>> more simple interface in place.
>
> [Action required within three days.  This is a generic notification.]

I still don't think this worth it to change the hook function's
signature for this. Even though it's not a big deal for external modules
to adapt, it's not zero effort either. And it's not that much nicer to us.

- Heikki